Rodenticide poisoning, sometimes referred to as rat poison, rodent poison or ‘Ratsak poisoning’, is certainly one of the most common forms of animal poisoning seen at veterinary clinics all over the globe. The question I have for you is: what is it? How do you protect your family, friends, pets and other people from it? This page contains everything you, as a concerned pet owner, should know about rat poison (Ratsak in Russian), including: possible sources of this poison, specific rat and mice poison-types, signs of poisoning and treatment for rat and mice poison-effects… Finally, I shall tell you what kind of help is available in the UK if you or anyone else has been victim of ratsak poisoning.
Why need Beware Of Poisonous Rats?
Ratsak is an ingredient based rodent poison that is often mixed with food, water or some other liquid to create a lethally poisonous solution. Its composition contains a number of substances that may affect both rats and mice; rats that are infected will consume the toxic ingredients in the body of an infected rat and, in so doing, transmit the poisons to whatever they can reach within their digestive system, be it humans, other rodents or livestock… Other than ingesting rats that have consumed this deadly brand of poison, ingestion of any other rodent should be avoided. The same goes for the consumption of any other form of rodents (rabbits, rats, mice, voles etc. ).
Rodentsak is an industrial chemical that was developed by the US Department of Interior’s Toxic Substances Control Program (TSC). The TSC also manages other government programs that aim to control the misuse of hazardous chemicals, including those used in rodenticides. These programs are intended to provide consumers with confidence that dangerous chemicals in their household are handled responsibly and are kept away from pets and children. However, ratsak poisoning is the result of misuse of these chemicals and there is a significant risk of harm when these products are used incorrectly. For this reason, pet owners should not use ratsak in their household but should instead call a professional pest control service in their area to remove any rats infested by this or any other rodents.